NeoKitsch is the Online Multi-Arts Centre. Danny Hahn and his team known as the ‘Creatives in Residence’, have produced several feature films, classical music recordings, film scores, paintings, and publications of screenplays, novels and reviews.
Here is a little bit of information about the people behind the work published on NeoKitsch:
DANNY HAHN is a film director, writer, composer, sound designer and painter.
He studied violin and composition at the Guildhall Scohool of Music and Drama, and completed his BA Honours degree in film studies at the London College of Communication in 2007.
In 2008, Danny opened his own business, with a film and music studio in London, and an online multi-arts centre (NeoKitsch).
2009, he performed the Theremin at the Royal Festival Hall with Lydia Kavina for the 10th Ether Festival at London’s Southbank Centre.
From 2009 – 2012, Danny was musical director for stage productions of Carmen, West Side Story, Frankenstein, and Jane Eyre, for London’s Barnet Arts Council.
In 2012, Danny attended the 10th Berlinale Talent Campus, the Brick Lane Gallery in London opened an exhibition of his oil paintings, and he published 4 large written works: 3 feature screenplays and a book on creativity.
Danny has been co-producer, writer, director, sound designer and composer for 9 feature films and several shorts, many of which have been selected for the film festival circuits, including Cannes and Berlinale.
- TENDERLY - Romantic thriller written and directed by Danny Hahn. (UK/Finland 2012)
- AND WHITE WAS THE NIGHT - Surreal, action feature debut by Mika Rantonen. Co-produced by NeoKitsch. Music and Sound Design by Danny Hahn. (Columbia/Finland/UK/Russia 2011)
- THE LAST ROMANTIC COUPLE – Tragicomedy by Mika Rantonen. Sound design by Danny Hahn. (UK/Finland 2012)
- CAIRO – Drama/Thriller by Mika Rantonen. Sound and music by Danny Hahn. (Pre-production UK/Finland 2015)
- SECOND SLEEP – Psychological, erotic drama – screenplay written by Danny Hahn (2013)
- ORIFICE – Absurd romantic drama – a science fiction screenplay written by Danny Hahn (2013)
- THE MANXMAN - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Alfred Hitchcock’s silent classic. (UK 2010)
- THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Robert Wiene’s silent classic. (UK 2010)
- THE CAT AND THE CANARY - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Paul Leni’s silent classic. (UK 2012)
- Le dirigeable fantastique ou le cauchemar d’un inventeu - Melies silent film with original music by Danny Hahn. (2010)
- Tchin Chao the Chinese Conjurer - Melies silent film with original music by Danny Hahn. (2010)
- Künstlerhaus Boswil – music documentary produced and directed by Danny Hahn. (Switzerland 2011)
- Astona International - music festival documentary produced and directed by Danny Hahn. (Switzerland 2012)
- The German Who Came To Tea – lottery funded documentary short with original music by Danny Hahn. (UK 2012)
- PLAYING THE WORLD INTO EXISTENCE - Philosophical and poetic book on the nature of creativity, written by Danny Hahn and his father, Prof. Detlef Hahn. (2010)
- TENDERLY - Romantic thriller screenplay written by Danny Hahn. (2012)
DETLEF HAHN studied, amongst others, with Aldo Ferraresi and Zino Francescatti. After his Wigmore Hall debut in London 1981, he joined the Guildhall School of Music & Drama string faculty. He is also a professor at the State Academy, Oslo, since 2001. He performs and broadcasts regularly in Europe, the Far East and Australia, and records for labels such as ASV, Somm and 2L, including the complete works for violin and piano by Szymanowski and Korngold.
As a teacher, he enjoys an international reputation, with an impressive list of successful students in the profession. He receives regular invitations to give masterclasses worldwide, teaching at prestigious venues such as Astona International, Kunstlerhaus Boswil, Valdres Festival, and many others.
Detlef has produced many publications, collaborating with eminent musicologists and musicians such as Jonathan Del Mar and Andrew Manze. In 2009, he edited the solo violin part for the Bärenreiter Edition of the Beethoven Violin Concerto, and the two Beethoven Romances. Detlef also edits for the Wieniawski Musical Society, Poland. Other publications include several articles for the Strad Magazine, as well as a book published on performing music and creativity (Playing the World into Existence, 2010).
Detlef is very active online, with regular updates on his projects, including literature, audio recordings, videos and film, and collaborations with his students.
Recent collaborations with Detlef on NeoKitsch:
Paintings by Detlef Hahn
Discover Detlef’s oil paintings on his travels across the globe. View them here.
Born 1980 in Small Town, Finland.
Mika grew up on a dairy farm in central Finland dodging stray bullets, high jumping and bootlegging films on VHS. As a teenager, Mika started developing computer games, which later evolved into a job.
Mika has a rather unusual background for a filmmaker. He has a Master’s Degree in computer science and leadership from the University of Helsinki. He has worked several years as an Agile Coach. In 2004 Mika went through 12 months of army training to become a Reserve Officer in The Finnish Defence Forces. He specializes in urban warfare.
Through these experiences, he has built his own philosophy of team work that he applies also to filmmaking. It includes agile, cross-functional teams with extremely light organization. In 2006, Mika attended PCFI Prague Film School’s summer course in Czech Republic and in 2007 he founded a production company Uphill Films. In 2011 he attended the Berlinale Talent Campus.
Mika has written and directed two feature films, a pitch black romantic tragicomedy The Last Romantic Couple, and 80′s B-action film pastiche And White Was the Night.