DANNY HAHN is a film director, writer, composer, sound designer and painter.
He studied violin and composition at the Guildhall Scohool of Music and Drama, and completed his BA Honours degree in film studies at the London College of Communication in 2007.
In 2008, Danny opened his own business, with a film and music studio in London, and an online multi-arts centre (NeoKitsch).
2009, he performed the Theremin at the Royal Festival Hall with Lydia Kavina for the 10th Ether Festival at London’s Southbank Centre.
From 2009 – 2012, Danny was musical director for stage productions of Carmen, West Side Story, Frankenstein, and Jane Eyre, for London’s Barnet Arts Council.
In 2012, Danny attended the 10th Berlinale Talent Campus, the Brick Lane Gallery in London opened an exhibition of his oil paintings, and he published 4 large written works: 3 feature screenplays and a book on creativity.
Danny has been co-producer, writer, director, sound designer and composer for 9 feature films and several shorts, many of which have been selected for the film festival circuits, including Cannes and Berlinale.
- TENDERLY - Romantic thriller written and directed by Danny Hahn. (UK/Finland 2012)
- AND WHITE WAS THE NIGHT - Surreal, action feature debut by Mika Rantonen. Co-produced by NeoKitsch. Music and Sound Design by Danny Hahn. (Columbia/Finland/UK/Russia 2011)
- THE LAST ROMANTIC COUPLE – Tragicomedy by Mika Rantonen. Sound design by Danny Hahn. (UK/Finland 2012)
- CAIRO – Drama/Thriller by Mika Rantonen. Sound and music by Danny Hahn. (Pre-production UK/Finland 2015)
- SECOND SLEEP – Psychological, erotic drama – screenplay written by Danny Hahn (2013)
- ORIFICE – Absurd romantic drama – a science fiction screenplay written by Danny Hahn (2013)
- THE MANXMAN - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Alfred Hitchcock’s silent classic. (UK 2010)
- THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Robert Wiene’s silent classic. (UK 2010)
- THE CAT AND THE CANARY - New orchestral score by Danny Hahn for the NeoKitsch release of Paul Leni’s silent classic. (UK 2012)
- Le dirigeable fantastique ou le cauchemar d’un inventeu – Melies silent film with original music by Danny Hahn. (2010)
- Tchin Chao the Chinese Conjurer - Melies silent film with original music by Danny Hahn. (2010)
- Künstlerhaus Boswil – music documentary produced and directed by Danny Hahn. (Switzerland 2011)
- Astona International - music festival documentary produced and directed by Danny Hahn. (Switzerland 2012)
- The German Who Came To Tea – lottery funded documentary short with original music by Danny Hahn. (UK 2012)